Tuesday, August 30, 2011

9 weeks!

It's been awhile since I posted! But, when you only have time to blog after the kids go to bed, and you're hit with first trimester exhaustion to the extreme and go to bed at 10pm every night, well, some things take a backseat. Like my sewing, the house cleaning...and this blog!

Anyways, I'm still here, and I have lots to update on! I am now 9 weeks, due on April 4th, 2011. My dates were just slightly off (turns out I did find out at exactly 4 weeks pregnant, just like with the other 2!) and an ultrasound at 8 weeks confirmed my suspicion. Maia's due date was April 5th, so this baby will be term right when its big sister and big brother celebrate their birthdays...I could very well still have a March baby (again!) Of course I can't get the scanner to work, but the ultrasound was great - saw the healthy heartbeat, little hands & even the spine.

The biggest thing in my life right now? Food. I am constantly controlled by food. I'm always hungry! And always thinking about food. It's exhausting! I have to eat rather constantly to a) get my protein in and b) just to feel okay! But it's going well. I've started drinking a morning smoothie with 3 scoops soy protein powder from Trader Joe's, plus a splash of juice, greek yogurt & some fruit & spinach - that, my friends, is a lovely 50g smoothie! So nice to get that 1/3 out of the way right off the bat. Then I usually follow that up with 2 eggs. It's working really well for me! The rest of the day is spent eating small 'meals', and mostly everything has protein in it, or is paired with something with protein. My body definitely knows it needs protein because that's all I crave! Red meat, yes please! Sweets & sugars and carbs? NO thank you. They are really turning me off, and if I do try some I feel extremely sensitive to them and get a stomachache. I've really turned my diet around to be so sensitive to sugars now!

I have also interviewed midwives & picked one, but I'll post on that separately. She has me taking 1000mg magnesium in addition to my aforementioned supplements, as that's been known to have some help preventing high blood pressure/pre-eclampsia. (See this link for more info.) I am trying to cover ALL bases and make sure I have no deficiencies!


No comments:

Post a Comment